NDIS Respiratory Physiotherapy
Home visits offered for airway clearance routines + respiratory exercise programs.
Our service is based in traditional respiratory physiotherapy with the added benefit of breathing pattern education.
How can we help you?
Airway clearance routine establishment + modification
Diaphragmatic breathing training
Optimising breathing for movement + trunk support
Cough improvement strategies
Non-Invasive Ventilation education + implementation
What are some examples of neuromuscular disorders?
• Spinal cord injury
• Muscular dystrophies
• Cerebral Palsy
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
• Multiple Sclerosis
Signs you could benefit from Respiratory Physiotherapy:
• Reduced oromotor control (Reflux, history of aspirations, sleep apnea)
• Reduced mobility (uses a mobility aid and/or wheelchair)
• Has a scoliosis (can impair lung function)
• Impaired trunk control (weak cough, secretion retention)
• Frequent chest infections
• Impaired upper limb function for some NMD (Duchenne’s and ALS)