top of page
Home visits offered for airway clearance routines + exercise programs.
Our service includes physiotherapy as well as breathing pattern education.
How can we help you?
Home exercise programs
Airway clearance routine establishment + modification
Diaphragmatic breathing training
Optimising breathing for movement + trunk support
Cough improvement strategies
Physiotherapy with a special interest in breathing
What are some examples of neuromuscular disorders?
• Spinal cord injury
• Muscular dystrophies
• Cerebral Palsy
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
• Multiple Sclerosis
Signs you could benefit from Physiotherapy:
• Reduced oromotor control (Reflux, history of aspirations, sleep apnea)
• Reduced mobility (uses a mobility aid and/or wheelchair)
• Has a scoliosis (can impair lung function)
• Impaired trunk control (weak cough, secretion retention)
• Frequent chest infections
• Impaired upper limb function for some NMD (Duchenne’s and ALS)
People with neuromuscular conditions are at greater risk of chest infections. Chest physiotherapy helps with treatment and prevention.
bottom of page